Vacancy Opening – New
With the recent growth of ESSS and the expansion of its branches and members, ESSS is seeking additional staff to join our team.
Deadline for Applications: September 24, 2018
Available Position: 1
Position: Membership Coordinator (Part-time)
Salary: Per Negotiation
Location: Addis Ababa
Role of the Membership Coordinator:
The Membership Coordinator manages ESSS’s membership programs with a focus on member renewals, recruitment, tracking, and reporting. The Coordinator will carry out a range of development activities including data management, production of acknowledgment letters, management of the membership drive, generation of mailing lists and reports, coordination with design, print, and other contractors, and direct contact with ESSS members and members‐to‐be. The Coordinator also provides administrative support for the management and program Teams.
- Recruiting and following up new members
- Collaborating with the ESSS team for Management on Membership, Institutional, Branch, and Individual.
- Provide support for membership and staff, to include support for database, mailing, membership, payment management, etc.
- Monitor membership changes
- Maintain good records and documentation.
- Promoting Products and services.
- Providing Certificates and recognition for members.
- Manage anything related to members.
- Preparation and presentation of analytics to the General Manager.
- Work with other Team members to ensure all tasks are carried out with synergy and efficient fashion.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Hold BA degree in any field
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, some programming skills, Adobe Photoshop skills, and general internet literacy)
- Has to be ESSS Member.
- Should have a strong passion for Space Science and technology, and a clear understanding of the vision of the society.
- Prior working experience (volunteer/internship) at the ESSS is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
- Teamwork capacity.
- Responsiveness and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with clear and accurate writing, editing and verbal communication.
- strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in public relations/communications and/or Marketing is a plus.
- Web and social media skills
- Knowledge of social media tools (e.g. – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc…)
1. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: [FIRST NAME, ESSS VACANCY], by September 24, with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with headshot and date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of intent, detailing your suitability for the role. (limit 1 page)
- OPTIONAL (List of three past experiences and how they have helped you for this role.
2. Bring the above application documents to the ESSS main office located at the Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (5kilo campus).
Applications Open: 19, September
Applications Close: 24, September
Review of applications: 24, September – 1, October 2018
Interviews of selected applicants: 1- 10, October 2018
The announcement of results: 15, October